Saturday, November 19, 2011

Friend, Foe, or none of the Above?

There comes a time in your life when you know who is really with you, and I definitely experienced that this weekend. It's my birthday weekend and I was not too happy how everything went. People that I thought I was close to did not call me, hit me up nothing. I may have gotten a wall post on FB amongst the hundreds of other friends that wrote on my wall, but I was expecting more from some close friends. The guy that I was talking to for 3 months did not hit me up at all. I mean absolutely no communication I had to remind him at a pregame party we were at for his show, and that was it, and even then he didn't even remember. A girlfriend of mine did not call me and we've celebrated our bdays in college because they are 4 days a part. I'm like really?! I got a reality check this weekend, and even though it hurts a lot I've learned from it and happy to see how people really are. I believe that I've never really had close attachments to people because of what my future may hold for me, and I'm starting to see that more, people will let you down in a heart beat, no remorse. So I'm living my life enjoying every thing in the present and not worrying about my future relationships because only time will tell where you stand in a friend's life. I don't mean to sound bitter, but it happens.

On the bright side there were people that I was definitely SURPRISED by that hit me up and took me out. I'm definitely grateful for them and when I think about it, they've been with me through different times. The people that I thought would've been there weren't, while there were people that I didn't think of were. Funny how life goes. I just ask God to give me discernment of who my really friends are and the people that wants the best for me, because they are few. My parents always warned me about how friends will come and go, and I'm definitely seeing the fruitations of their words. I wish it wasn't so, but its life. I'll definitely get over it and them as time goes by, until then I will be living my life, like I should.

No comments: