Sunday, November 20, 2011
...and Life goes on
So this weekend has been interesting. Some friends and LS's got together and threw me and my other friend a birthday gathering. It was good, the guy that I WAS talking to still didn't say Happy Birthday to me, but he did text me "hey" the next day. Like really? ok! Then he called but I couldn't talk at the time so I decided to go down stairs to his apt because my friends are his next door neighbors. He didn't embrace, hug me, he didn't look sorry, even though he did say he was sorry for not saying anything and that there were no excuses. At that point I was over it, I didn't scream at him, I didn't look angry, I was just fed up. For a person that I thought highly of, even as a friend, he sure let me down and I told him that. I was not sparing his feelings, but I'm glad I stayed cool calm and collective, because I believe that you should never give emotional power to some one who doesn't think of you the way you think of them. It had opened my eyes to see that people are fickle and they've always been and they always will be. I'm not going to be that bitter person and say F all males, because I know a few great males and I have GREAT guy friends. So to place them in one category will not be fair. Other than that "mishap" I did have a pretty chill birthday weekend, and that's what I wanted. I hung out with friends, and I enjoyed them and life. I can't wait to go back to Baltimore to celebrate with some Americorp Team Members. And I definitely can not wait to see my Mom, I miss her soooo much, even when she gets on my nerves. I just want to have mother daughter time. Until next time, safe Holidays!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment