Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thee Bet

So i have less than one week before I actually cut off all of my perm and where my hair at its natural state....and I am some what anxious and scared at the same time. I have been looking up different ways to do my hair and how to keep it in tip top condition. I even bought miss jessie's butter creme and shampoo and conditioner, and I used it on the hair(the hair i took out of my braid in the middle of my head) and it has already began to work wonders lol! So i cant wait to see what it will do for my entire head. Anyways what was so funny to me today i was chilling with some of my home girls and they are so caught up with getting their permed and flat ironed that when ever i say anything about natural hair they call me erykah badu or say I am in a cult for natural hair lol (all I can do is laugh because I find it so funny lol)...and i'm like what ever call it like it is, but once my hair starts growing out and having the length that most of them want then they will realize, but I did almost get one of my friends to transition but she couldn't take not having a perm anymore, so she went back to the creamy crack lol....but the bet started off like this, My friend B was like I bet you (as in me) that you are going to go back to having a perm by the year 2010...and i was like oh really hmmm so she bet me $50.00 and i agreed on it, because the results that I am seeing are so great with my short hair i don't think I would want to go back to creamy crack. I mean I can just imagine my hair at a longer length. When I was younger my hair was soooo thick and long, and as soon as i put that relaxer in my hair everytime it would break. I would have the first couple of weeks to enjoy it but it would never fail, my hair would start breaking, tons of shedding, fragile weak split ends. My hair now (i cut off the perm in the back, it's just the top that needs to be cut off) is thick when I put a comb or brush through it I do not see any kind of shedding hair, breakage spots etc. It just exemplifies beauty to me, I mean dont get me wrong some girls look really great with their permed hair, but I am happy and will be with my "nappy" hair. It's so versatile, when ever i want to I can flat iron in, make it a puff/twist outs, and I know I can create my own hair styles. Hopefully in the future I can put some hairstyles on here but for now, I guess I'm just writing a daily blog of transitioning!
P.S I AM WINNING THAT BET!!!

No comments: